|resources:||Home Installation History Source Code Contact Credits Bugs Screenshots Licence Terms|
|info:||Known Problems Uninstall Guide Frequently Asked Questions Translation Notes Roadmap|
Roadmap (2005-11-21)In conjuction with the release of Firefox 1.5 we plan to split the development of Flashblock into a Flashblock 1.5 branch and a legacy Flashblock 1.3 branch.
Flashblock 1.5 branch
- Flashblock 1.5 will support Firefox 1.5 and newer.
- We will remove compatibilty with older Gecko 1.7 based browsers. This will allow us to remove several ugly hacks needed to work around bugs in the Gecko 1.7 rendering engine used by Firefox 1.0, Mozilla 1.7 and several ther browsers. Another benefit is a significant reduction in the size of our XBL via refactoring.
- On https://addons.mozilla.org/ We will upload Flashblock 1.5 and mark it as compatible with Firefox 1.5 and above. We will also put a link in our entry pointing back to our project installation page for those who need versions of Flashblock that work with other browsers.
Flashblock 1.3 branch
- Flashblock 1.3 will be our legacy branch. We will continue to support older Gecko 1.7 based browsers for a reasonable period of time. In particular we will continue to support users of Mozilla Suite 1.7.12 until an upgrade path is available.
- We will also support Seamonkey on this branch until it is upgraded to use the newer toolkit/XULrunner infrastructure used by Firefox 1.5.
- witter, witter, mumble, mumble.